Date and Time
July 25, 2013
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Reservations are required; fill out form below.
The U.S.-Korea Institute at SAIS proudly invites you to participate in a Congressional event on July 25, 2013, to honor Korean War veterans for their brave service to America in defense of South Korea, and to commemorate 60 years of the U.S.-ROK Alliance on this milestone anniversary of the Korean War Armistice.
Keynote speakers include Korean War veterans: Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY), U.S. Army; Congressman Howard Coble (R-NC), U.S. Coast Guard; and Congressman John Conyers (D-MI), U.S. Army.
Other featured guest speakers include:
- Former Senator John Warner (R-VA), who served in the U.S. Marine Corps during the Korean War
- Hon. Kim Jung-hoon, National Assembly, Republic of Korea (Special Envoy to the 60th Anniversary of the Korean War commemoration)
- Statement by Maurice R. “Hank” Greenberg, Chairman and CEO, C.V. Starr & Co. Inc. (read by Jae H. Ku, Director, U.S.-Korea Institute at SAIS)
- Ray Kapaun, nephew of Father Emil J. Kapaun, a U.S. Army chaplain who died as a POW in the Korean War and a posthumous recipient of the Medal of Honor (Introduction by Hon. Kevin Yoder, U.S. Representative (R-KS))
- First Lieutenant Eleanor Porter, Women’s Medical Specialist Corps, U.S. Army
- General Walter Sharp, former commander of the U.S. Combined Forces Command & USFK, U.S. Army
*Please note that the proceedings will begin promptly at 1:30pm; early arrival is strongly suggested to get through security. Parking is limited. Photo ID will be required for building entry. Refreshments will be provided. Directions to the Capitol Visitor Center can be found at http://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan-visit/getting-the-capitol.
**For those unfamiliar with the Capitol Visitor Center, “HVC” refers to the House Meeting Rooms. You will need to check at the front desk for the House Meeting Rooms to gain access to HVC-201.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Capitol Visitors Center, HVC-201
Capitol Visitors Center