The 20th Anniversary of the 1994 US-DPRK Agreed Framework
On the 20th Anniversary of the signing of the 1994 US-DPRK Agreed Framework, the US-Korea Institute at SAIS invites you to join us in a special program to remember the 1994 North Korean nuclear crisis, which brought about this historic agreement, and discussion of policy options for the US, South Korea and Japan for dealing with North Korea’s nuclear and WMD programs now and in the future.
- Stephen Bosworth, Chairman, US-Korea Institute at SAIS, former KEDO Executive Director, US Ambassador to Republic of Korea
- Robert Gallucci, former Ambassador At-Large and Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs
- Sung-Joo Han,Chairman, International Policy Studies Institute of Korea (IPSIKOR), former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Korea
- James Laney, former US Ambassador to Republic of Korea
- Yukio Takeuchi, former Justice, Supreme Court of Japan, former Vice Foreign Minister, Japan
- Thomas Hubbard, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State and US Ambassador to the Republic of Korea
- Dan Poneman, former Senior Director for Non-Proliferation and Export Controls, National Security Council and Deputy Secretary of Energy
- Gary Samore, Executive Director, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, White House Coordinator for Arms Control and Weapons of Mass Destruction
- General Gary E. Luck, former Commander-in-Chief, United Nations Command (Korea)/Combined Forces Command/US Forces Korea
And moderated by Joel S. Wit, Senior Fellow, US-Korea Institute at SAIS, former Agreed Framework Coordinator
This program is free and open to the public and press. For more information to RSVP, visit here.