The U.S.-Korea Institute at SAIS and Voice of America announces the Korean translation of, “Cell Phones in North Korea: Has North Korea Entered the Telecommunications Revolution?” by Yonho Kim.
존스홉킨스국제대학원한미연구소 (U.S.-Korea Institute at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University) 와 ‘미국의소리’ 방송 (Voice of America)이공동후원한 연구보고서“북한의휴대전화이용실태: 북한의통신혁명은시작됐는가?” (김연호 저)의 한국어판이 발간되었다.
이 보고서는 북한의 휴대전화 사용증가와 시사점을 분석하기 위해 다음과 같은 질문을 던진다. 북한 휴대전화 사용자들은 누구인가? 단말기 보급 및 요금 책정은 어떻게 이루어지는가? 북한주민의 휴대전화 사용실태는 어떠한가? 휴대전화 보급이 가져온 사회경제적 영향은 무엇인가?
또한 저자는 북한 공식 이동통신회사 고려링크의 사업구조를 소개하고 이집트 이동통신사인 오라스콤의 수익성 및 사업지속성과의 관련성을분석한다.
이보고서는 “북한의휴대전화 이용실태: 북한의통신혁명은시작됐는가?” 에서 다운로드 할 수 있다.
The original English version is available here.
The U.S.-Korea Institute (USKI) at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Affairs is currently seeking a part-time communications consultant to help to help design and execute a targeted media relations strategy for key USKI programs and initiatives.
An ideal candidate should have some experience working media relations in the foreign policy field, preferably on national security and/or East Asia issues. S/he should have some established press contacts in both mainstream and foreign policy oriented media outlets. S/he should also have some knowledge base and/or keen interest in learning more about East Asia regional and alliance issues.
Duties for this position will vary and includes (but is not limited to):
- Developing, managing and growing press lists for print, tv, radio and online media;
- Writing press releases and media advisories, and developing communications strategies for both external and internal (within Johns Hopkins University affiliates) audiences;
- Arranging monthly press events, as well as more targeted press outreach initiatives such as press calls and special events;
- Tracking media/online coverage of USKI/USKI-related content, scholars and features;
- Pitching exclusives and op-eds to mainstream and more specialized media outlets; and
- Expansion of USKI and USKI program related social media presence.
This contract position is available immediately and funded through a two-year grant award. An ideal candidate will stay on through the full grant period, however, temporary contracts will be considered. Potential for contract extension or expansion to a full time position also exists.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to Jenny Town, USKI Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.